How To Apply A YouCake Topper
Keep sealed until you have the cake/cookie freshly frosted and do not refrigerate.
- Open packages only as you are ready to mount to frosted cake or cookie.
- When not using keep in sealed or zip lock bag.
- If you need to trim the topper, cut with scissors before removing from backing.
- Hands must be dry when handling the frosting sheet.
- Remove from backing:
- Trick: one side of the sheet will be trimmed, flick the trimmed edge corner
- View “Flick to Remove Topper – Video“
For small squares and circles, hold firmly between index and thumb and flick against the edge of a box or canister. The paper backing removes easily.
For larger sheet sizes, hold the opposite margin edges of the backing page.
Pull the backing page across the sharp edge of a counter, face UP until the toping begins to lift from the paper. Hands MUST BE DRY. If hot and humid conditions make topper hard to remove, see our trouble shooting tips – topper must come off easily to prevent any tearing.
In hot and humid conditions, if the topper does not remove easily in either above scenario, here are some suggestions to release the humidity and make the topper easier to release:
- Leave on the counter in a dry place.
- Remove topper from the sealed bag and place flat (on a tray) in the freezer for 1-5 minutes or until it just starts to come off the backing easily and the topping will release easily. [Time depends on the temp of your freezer—if your freezer is really cold and you leave it in so that sheet is a popsicle-leave out for a few minutes to de-thaw so it does not break]
• Application Cake/Cupcake:
Lay the frosting sheet on top of the frosted cake from the middle first to the ends. Pat gently to smooth wrinkles. It will first rest like a piece of paper. With time, the topper will meld with the icing. When easily pierced, it is ready for serving.
- The frosting sheet edges should tuck nicely underneath the border piping. You can also add your border or edge decoration to finish.
- Butter cream frosting – let the frosting sheet rest un-refrigerated for 10 minutes depending on the heat so that frosting sheets blends with the cake icing. Then, refrigerate until ready to serve. It is recommended to take the dessert out of the fridge and let get to room temperature before serving.
- Ice cream cake – apply and place in freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store bought icing – the speed of resting may take longer depending on the wetness of your icing. Before refrigerating, leave out for up to 30 minutes.
- Whipped cream frosting is not advised – as there is too much moisture in the frosting, better to use a cream-cheese/butter based frosting recipe.
Once topper is applied, let sit out for 10 minutes to allow the topper to set with the frosting, then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If serving immediately, leave out for 30 minutes. The moisture of the frosting determines the amount of time it takes for the topper to set with the frosting.
Topper is ready to serve when you can easily prick with a pin or needle. Then, serve. The frosting sheet is entirely edible. Enjoy!
• Application Cookies and Fondant:
-For cookies or fondant, brush with the cookie or fondant with a wet royal icing (the consistency of nail polish) and let dry overnight. Follow the directions as per the cake application. Piping and sprinkles are nice options to apply around the borders.
-Let dry over night. Drying time is based on humidity. The toppers and icing must be hard and dry before
Then, serve and enjoy! Your personalized YouCake dessert is 100% edible. Yum…
How to apply a 10×16 inch frosting sheet (edible topper) to a cake
How to Decorate a Cupcake with an Edible Topper (Video)
How to Decorate a Cake: Apply YouCake topper to a Cake (Video)
How to Decorate a Cupcake: Apply YouCake Toppers to Cupcakes (Video)