How to decorate cookies using YouCake edible images!
Decorate cookies with your own stunning and fun personal artwork and images. Here is how, (video below):
First, decide the size of your cookie — store bought or homemade all work. If you want to include sprinkles around the edge, it is recommended to order the YouCake edible image packs 1/2 inch smaller than the cookie. For example, for a three inch round cookie, order 2.5 inch round topper pack.
Upload your image and any inscription to YouCake.com. If there is a size you don’t see, choose the closest size and tell us the exact cut in the notes section of the ordering page. You will get a preview after you have placed your order.
You can bake your own cookies or use store-bought. A popular sugar cookie recipes Easy Sugar Cookies by Eloise. We recommend using royal frosting if you want to package the cookies, but any butter cream store bought frosting works. Note: Let the cookies dry overnight before packaging.
To make royal frosting (Read more.)
3 ounces pasteurized egg whites
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Note: I omit the vanilla from the original recipe.
In large bowl of stand mixer combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny. Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Place some of the the royal frosting in a small bowl. (Any frosting you are not using, keep covered to prevent drying out.) Add a small amount of water to the frosting for the right consistency and mix thoroughly until combined. Sugar cookies only need a thin coat, the consistency of nail polish. Cookies with nooks and crannies need a less-wet or heavier coat of royal frosting.
- With a small pastry brush, paint the cookies with royal frosting.
- Remove the wax paper backing from the edible image (hold between your index and thumb and flick against a box or canister to remove or with fingers for easy removal).
- Apply topper to the middle of the cookie and pat flat. If not centered, rather than remove the topper, just push lightly to the proper position.
- Add sprinkles.
- Set out overnight to let the cookies dry.
Package the cookies as party favors for your event or serve and enjoy!
Watch the video to see how to decorate cookies with YouCake edible images…
Watch more how-to-videos.